You may have encountered many happy, healthy-looking mouths during your lifetime. Those beautiful smiles do not occur simply by accident. It involves adopting a good routine of oral healthcare to ensure your smile maintains its full potential and beauty. If your smile needs some TLC (tender, love, and care), adopting these three simple steps are an awesome way to promote oral health.
1. Brush your pearly whites:
- Use a toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste approved by the American Dental Association (ADA).
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, especially before going to bed.
- To clean your teeth adequately, each brushing session should last around two minutes.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months, or sooner if required.
Toothbrush stats: Only 56.8 percent of women brush their teeth twice a day, and an even less impressive 49 percent of men. Seventy-five percent of people do not replace their toothbrushes as often as they should.
2. Clean between your teeth:
- Use dental floss or another interdental cleaner to remove food debris and prevent plaque buildup between teeth. This protects that third of your tooth that can’t be reached by a toothbrush.
- The ADA recommends flossing on a daily basis, using around eighteen inches of floss each time.
Flossing stats: Only 50.5 percent of Americans say they floss on a daily basis. Even more startling is that 31 percent floss less than daily, and 18.5 percent do not floss at all.
3. Visit your dentist:
- Regular checkups enable detection of problems with your oral health that you may not be aware of, including cavities, periodontal disease, and oral cancer. Early detection of such issues promotes healthy mouths, and can save you time, money, and possibly even your life.
- We offer state-of-the-art dentistry in Wayzata where we can revitalize your smile. We provide veneers, crowns, implants, fillings, and much more to transform your smile into a work-of-art.
Dentist stats: Just over half of Americans (54%) say they visited their dentist at least twice in the past 12 months. However, 25 percent admit to not visiting the dentist at all last year, while 20 percent reports only a single visit.
Don’t let your smile become a statistic of inadequate dental care. Taking preventive action in protecting your teeth and gums does require diligence, but is certainly worth the effort. Contact us today regarding our many modern dental services and book your next checkup with our elite dental team. Keeping you and your mouth healthy, happy, and safe for a lifetime is our business!
Please share your comments with us. Why do you think a good percentage of people neglect giving their oral health the attention it deserves?